What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Hanoi
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T31ORI02
Cruising with Oriental Sails, you will not only enjoy the journey on boat but also have unique chances to join the bay’s interesting activities: kayaking, squid fishing, or visiting floating villages. Everyday on board, your morning will start with a Taichi lesson that will provide you a calm and free mind, together with a healthy and energetic body to start a good new day. Let’s join us on Oriental Sails for a true oriental cruising experience in Halong Bay.
- Visit Thien Canh Son cave
- Join kayaking in the magnificent setting for Halong Bay
- Enjoy the stunning view of thousands majestic limestone islands in Halong Bay
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : 14.5 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: Double/ Twin
The cabins are designed with large windows from which to enjoy the spectacular scenery of Halong Bay.
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- Cooking class
- Entrance fees
- Welcome drink
- Tai Chi exercise
- Meals as mentioned
- English speaking tour guide
- Waiting room at Hon Gai Tourist Wharf
- Accommodation on board (twin/ double basis)
- Internet on boat (Table computer with 3G connection)
- Complimentary a bottle water/ person in bus and in room
- Kayaking with tour guide or Rowing boat trip with local rower
- Price Excludes
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- Pickup service by shuttle bus (bookable in next step)
- Surcharge for peakseason, Christmas, New Year, Lunar New Year
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Bai Tu Long
08:00 – 08:30 Optional pick-up at hotel and start the 3 hour-and-a-half drive to Hon Gai Tourist Wharf, check in Oriental Sails JSC’s private waiting hall - The OS Lounge.
12:15 – 12:45 Embark on Oriental Sails by transfer boat. Listen to cruise briefing and receive room key.
13:00 – 15:30 Savor a delectable lunch as Oriental Sails cruises further along the limestone islands of Bai Tu Long Bay, heading to Vung Vieng fishing village – one of the largest fishing villages in Halong Bay to see the life of local fishermen.
– Option 1: Take a bamboo rowing boat trip around Vung Vieng Fishing Village
– Option 2: Take kayak and go kayaking by yourself with help and instruction of tour guide around the Village.
17:30 – 18:00 Return to Oriental Sails and have bath then relax as the sun starts to set. Enjoy the Happy Hour at the bar and on the sun deck while cooking demonstration is organizing.
19:00 Dinner is served. Socialize with other guests, night squid fishing or just laze around. Singing and dancing activities are available till 22h00.
– Overnight on board at Cong Do Area
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Oriental Sails
- Day 2: Bai Tu Long
06:30 – 07:00 Start your day with Tai Chi exercise on the sundeck. Enjoy a cup of coffee or refresh yourselves in Bai Tu Long majestic Bay.
07:00 – 08:00 Have breakfast in the restaurant.
08:30 – 15:30 Discover Bai Tu Long bay by one-day itinerary on our professional day boat.
– Cruise toward Tra San, Vung Ha Island where tourists can go kayaking, and catching beautiful sights and enjoy the wild, bewitching nature with many limestone islands, lovely small beaches.
– Have lunch on our day boat at Vung Ha area.
15:30 – 17:30 Transfer back to Oriental Sails Cruise. Have dinner and night activities on board.
– Over second night on board at Cong Do area.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Oriental Sails
- Day 3: Bai Tu Long - Hanoi
06:30 – 07:00 Start your day with Tai Chi exercise on the sundeck.
07:00 – 09:00 Catch morning view of seascapes with a cup of tea or coffee, have breakfast while cruising toward Thien Canh Son Cave
09:00 – 09:30 Visit Thien Canh Son Cave - – the medium size and less visited cave in Bai Tu Long Bay
09:30 – 10:00 Check-out room. Luggage can be delivered to the reception area.
10:00 – 11:00 Head back to the Harbor. Have early lunch on board.
Disembark Oriental Sails at around 12h00.
12:00 – 16:30 Transfer back to Hanoi and trip finishes at the hotel around 16h30.
Meals: B, L
- What to bring: Original passport, swimming suites, sun glasses, insect repellent, credit card or cash
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Passenger’s passport is required to bring along the trip for overnight registration
- Passenger’s personal information is required to send to reservation before departure
- The above cruise itinerary is subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions without prior notice.
Questions & Answers
9.1Based on 3 reviews
Value for money9.3
16 Jun 2018
We are very happy and satisfied for this trip. Very beautiful than thinking before coming. Must be visit place and unique in Hanoi, recommended by us, we are from Myanmar , this is the first trip to Hanoi, and meet very intelligent tour guid name Jackie Chan in Hoanoi, he can explain clear, good service, patient, funny with activity of cooking class on cruises, thank you very much for take care us.
07 Apr 2018
The pros: Excellent meals during lunch and dinner (very basic breakfast). Nice variety of meat/seafood/vegetarian options. Friendly staff. Comfortable rooms with the basic amenities. Great showers! Dining space is cozy and inviting. Kayaking excursion is really fun and also relaxing. Cooking class is fun the first time around but not for those staying 2 nights. Staff is very punctual with all activities/meal times. The cons: Drinks not included (as in most cruises). Limited daytime activities leaves you fiddling your thumbs during the rest of the time. This is especially true during the winter when the only common area outside of your bedroom to enjoy views is the dining room. They offered us night fishing knowing full well that squid season was over. Should offer those staying 2 nights with different acuities so that the trip does not become too repetitive. Not the best in the winter as you are constrained to warm areas which means only dining room. Guides provide very limited. basic information on Halong Bay itself. Limited to no wifi connectivity.
10 Mar 2018
Oriental Sails/Calypso Cruises of Halong Bay do just what they say on the box... a good mid range company, clean boat, pleasant crew, comfortable cabins etc. The 2 night option is, in my opinion, best avoided if it’s winter ( we went in early Feb) or the weather is too cool. Once out on the bay, apart from admiring the spectacular scenery, kayaking and swimming are really the only key things to want to do (there is the odd floating village/pearl farm and a very tourist crowded cave but it’s not that interesting) .... on our full day ( 2 night option) we were transferred to a smaller boat for a 6 hour trip further out to a spectacular area while the main boat returns to port to pick up/ drop off other passengers. As it was so chilly and grey, swimming and kayaking wasn’t really appealing from the day boat so a good book and look at view is all you can do....( we couldn’t really sit outside much either as it was so cool) .... the day boat is also quite basic and not that comfortable for hours of sitting reading and taking in the view. On return to the main boat, it’s simply a repeat of the previous night ... good food, quick cooking class, nice cocktails and a bit of Karaoke ( finished at 10pm) ... overall I would recommend this company but two tips for them are .....1) serve some juice at breakfast aswell ... all you get is coffee/tea ....2) don’t serve a full lunch that is pretty much the same as the previous dinners and lunches at 10.30am in the morning on the way back to port...this came just two hours after breakfast???